We all feel good about serving a delicious salad. But nothing amps up the tasty factor like a homemade dressing. This Homemade Smoky Catalina Dressing is so easy to make and adds layers of flavors that the store bought stuff just can’t touch.
What You Need To Make Homemade Catalina Dressing
- red wine vinegar
- olive oil
- minced onion
- Worcestershire Sauce
- salt, pepper, cumin
USE THIS RECIPE TO MAKE: Retro Catalina Taco Salad with Fritos (or Doritos)
I used to be in the “why bother making your own dressing” camp. I thought it would be way more trouble than just picking up a bottle at the store. And while I do still pick up the occasional bottle, I’ve learned that homemade dressing not only tastes better, but it’s super easy.
A few ingredients and a few pulses in the food processor is all it takes to have a fresh ‘house made’ salad dressing every time!
And if you love that classic Catalina Taco Salad, well, you’re in for a special treat! This homemade dressing will make your family crazy for it!
Homemade Smoky Catalina Dressing
- ¾ C olive oil
- ½ C ketchup
- ½ C red wine vinegar
- ½ C sugar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon minced onion, dried
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic, fresh or jarred
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt & black pepper, each
- pinch cumin
- Add all ingredients except olive oil to food processor. Pulse until all ingredients are well blended.
- Gradually add olive oil and pulse until dressing is emulsified. Serve.